Me… me… I hate talking about me… that sort of calls this whole blogging thing into question though, doesn’t it?
What should I say about me to clue you in on who and what I am…
- I am really, really tall. Somewhere between 6’4″ and 6’6″ depending on where I was when I was measured.
- I am a red head. Not just a red head, I am a militant red head. I am a red head who is waiting for the revolution when all of us who have so spitefully been called “ginger” rise up and claim our rightful place at the top of the hair color food chain. If, though, you read my blog I will give you a nice cushy place in the new world red head order.
- I tend to exaggerate the woes of being a red head. Sorry. See above
- I work for a software company as a supervisor of a team of programmer/analysts. Prior to that I was a programmer/analyst. I called myself a programmer but I was not a developer. Not today, not yesterday, not ever. I was an analyst. I was a pretty good one, I think. I hope that I can help the four individuals who now report to me to be good ones as well.
- I play guitar. I have on occasion been told that I am a pretty good guitar player. I generally feel that flattery falls on my deaf ears. I learned to improvise by ripping off Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, and Jimmy Page, and playing lead is the absolute musical highlight of my very existence. It is The Best.
- A few years ago I bought a camera. I’ve upgraded once or twice since then. I would take my camera with me 24/7 and snap pics of every single thing that comes my way. There are about 32,000 pictures on my Flickr account that prove that point for me. I’d say that one out of every couple of thousand pictures doesn’t suck. The rest?
- I am a prog rock fan, which proves that I am a super nerd. That’s not the only genre of music I follow, but that’s the one that tends to define who I am. You see, in 1981 I first heard the band Rush. Socially speaking it’s all been down hill since then. Musically speaking, there is nothing like them. I would say that my obsession with Rush can probably been described as clinical. They can probably write a psychology textbook on how much I dig Rush.
The next two items are infinitely more important than everything else combined.
- I am Jennifer’s husband.
- I am Jennifer’s children’s step father
Those last two items are the reason why I am the happiest man on Earth.
This page is the place I go to write down every goofy, stray thought I have. I hope I don’t bore you to tears.